2019 Trifecta Fort Ross Seaview Pinot Noir
The beginning of the 2019 growing season was defined by copious rainfall and late soil moisture. The long, warm summer saw very few extreme heat events, with foggy mornings setting the stage for vibrant and expressive wines. The long, relatively mild finish to the season, not without its moments of unpredictability, helped to preserve freshness and finesse in the fruit with abundant hang time teasing out great color, structure and soft tannins.
Volume is looking to be about average to a little less than average. All in all, exceptional fruit with bright acidity and ample texture promises an amazing vintage.
- Hand-harvested, picked at night
- De-stemmed whole berry to tank
- 72 hour cold soak at 55° F
- Fermented with Assmanhausen yeast for 13 days with 16 days of total maceration
- Free run drained by gravity to barrel
- Aged 6 months sur lie in French oak barrels, then racked for additional 12 months of barrel ageing prior to bottling
- Coopers: 40% new French oak Nadalie and Vernou Medium plus 3-year air dried
- Un-fined and lightly filtered; bottled August 2021